jianjiang

I was use spine 3.6.xx on my win10 (with version 1803) before. when I update spine to version 3.8.56 I cant launch spine anymore.

I use spine.com in cmd, I got the error "Failed to find class: com/esotericsoftware/spine/editor/launcher/Launcher"

I have read the post http://zh.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Spine-not-launching-on-windows-10-10713 but still not work.

And I was sure the file Spine\launcher\launcher-full is existed , the windows defender is also closed.

I have tried install on other windows(with version 1903 and 1709), it worked!

I have lost spine 3.6.xx Installation package, and the latest version 3.8.56 wont open.

I cant work now !!!
jianjiang

Erikari

Hello!
It is not completely clear if you tried to do this, but you need to re-download the launcher from your license page, install it, and you should be able to launch the latest version of Spine.

After this you should also be able to downgrade to the version you were using before, should you need it.
You can change Spine version here: Settings - Spine User Guide: Version
Erikari

Erikari

jianjiang

Erikari писал(а):Hello!
It is not completely clear if you tried to do this, but you need to re-download the launcher from your license page, install it, and you should be able to launch the latest version of Spine.

After this you should also be able to downgrade to the version you were using before, should you need it.
You can change Spine version here: http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-settings#Version
I have re-download the installation package and reinstalled, but still get the same error.
jianjiang

Nate

The Spine\launcher\launcher-full is a ZIP archive, you can open it with a zip reader (eg 7-zip or copy it and rename to something.zip so you can open it by double clicking) and check it contains this file:
com\esotericsoftware\spine\editor\launcher\Launcher.class
If it does not, then something has deleted it from Spine's files (which is really bad!). The launcher-full file that the Spine installer creates certainly contains this file.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

Nate писал(а):The Spine\launcher\launcher-full is a ZIP archive, you can open it with a zip reader (eg 7-zip or copy it and rename to something.zip so you can open it by double clicking) and check it contains this file:
com\esotericsoftware\spine\editor\launcher\Launcher.class
If it does not, then something has deleted it from Spine's files (which is really bad!). The launcher-full file that the Spine installer creates certainly contains this file.
I will try tomorrow.
If it does not exist I can check how it was deleted.
But if it contains the file and I was still get the error, can you give me some hints. may be the permission by windows?
jianjiang

Nate

The error is that it doesn't exist, so I'm quite sure that is the problem. The Spine installer runs with administrator privileges, so should not have any problems creating the files.

You can check the file size for launcher-full, it may be that it has been truncated to zero. It should be about 825KB (the exact size varies). If you can't open it as a ZIP file, then something has corrupted it.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

OK. I'll let you know if it works.

---

Nate писал(а):The error is that it doesn't exist, so I'm quite sure that is the problem. The Spine installer runs with administrator privileges, so should not have any problems creating the files.

You can check the file size for launcher-full, it may be that it has been truncated to zero. It should be about 825KB (the exact size varies). If you can't open it as a ZIP file, then something has corrupted it.
Unfortunately, I have renamed the launcher-full to launcher-full.zip and I can find the file in the zip.

You can check the attachment.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
jianjiang

Nate

That is very strange! If the file is there, I can't imagine why it can't find the class. We've now uploaded a new launcher (3.8.59), can you please download and reinstall Spine, then try again? Likely you'll get the same error, but it will print which launcher file it is looking at.

If it is looking at the right file, I guess it might be a problem with the file's permissions. The installer should set the right permissions, but maybe something else is changing them. You could try running Spine by right clicking the executable and choosing Run as administrator.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

I have tried run as admin but not work.
I will try the latest version 3.8.59 next
Monday and I will show you the log if possibly

---

Nate писал(а):That is very strange! If the file is there, I can't imagine why it can't find the class. We've now uploaded a new launcher (3.8.59), can you please download and reinstall Spine, then try again? Likely you'll get the same error, but it will print which launcher file it is looking at.

If it is looking at the right file, I guess it might be a problem with the file's permissions. The installer should set the right permissions, but maybe something else is changing them. You could try running Spine by right clicking the executable and choosing Run as administrator.
It seems the program read the right file. I tried run as admin but it still not work. I have to use spine with another pc, it works perfect. :'(

log2.png
jianjiang

Nate

OK, we dug into this a lot and we're pretty sure that the real problem is being hidden. We've updated the launcher (3.8.60). Can you please re-download and try again? It will likely still fail, but the hope is that it shows more information about the failure.

Thank you for your patience! I'm sure we'll get to the root of the problem.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

Nate писал(а):OK, we dug into this a lot and we're pretty sure that the real problem is being hidden. We've updated the launcher (3.8.60). Can you please re-download and try again? It will likely still fail, but the hope is that it shows more information about the failure.

Thank you for your patience! I'm sure we'll get to the root of the problem.
I have got the error "java.nio.charset.unsupportedcharsetexception gb18030"

The pc has installed many custom fonts contains GB18030. I have tried spine on another pc with custom fonts, get the same error.

Maybe custom fonts contains GB18030 is the key of the error?

log3.png

------ Update ------

I have run the command "java -XshowSettings:properties -version" and get the log, hope its helpful

log4.png
jianjiang

Nate

Thanks, that was very helpful. Can you please re-download and try again? I believe we have fixed the problem (in 3.8.61) this time! :cooldoge:

The problem was that Spine would fail to start when it did not support the platform default encoding. Spine now supports all or most encodings (including GB18030), so it should work just fine.

If there is ever an encoding that Spine does not support, Spine can be run with --defaultEncoding to bypass the platform default encoding and use the Cp1252 encoding. You should not need to do that though, it should work without that parameter.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

Nate писал(а):Thanks, that was very helpful. Can you please re-download and try again? I believe we have fixed the problem (in 3.8.61) this time! :cooldoge:

The problem was that Spine would fail to start when it did not support the platform default encoding. Spine now supports all or most encodings (including GB18030), so it should work just fine.

If there is ever an encoding that Spine does not support, Spine can be run with --defaultEncoding to bypass the platform default encoding and use the Cp1252 encoding. You should not need to do that though, it should work without that parameter.
Unfortunately I installed the latest version and got another error.

log5.png
jianjiang

Nate

Ah, this is killing me. Looks like a bug in Java, but we'll dig deeper. For now can you please try running Spine.com --defaultEncoding and see if that works?

I really wish we could see the problem ourselves. We may need to install a Chinese version of Windows. Do you know what configuration was done on the problematic computer to make it have GB18030 default encoding?
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

Nate писал(а):Ah, this is killing me. Looks like a bug in Java, but we'll dig deeper. For now can you please try running Spine.com --defaultEncoding and see if that works?

I really wish we could see the problem ourselves. We may need to install a Chinese version of Windows. Do you know what configuration was done on the problematic computer to make it have GB18030 default encoding?
I tried Spine.com --defaultEncoding but got the same error.

It was strange that only two pc get this error. And their file.encoding = "GB13030". Others with file.encoding = "GBK" can run spine correctly.

I have no idea why the default encoding is GB13030. I want to change the encoding to GBK, but failed.

------------
Maybe you can try add config -Dfile.encoding=GB18030 before java start.
jianjiang

Nate

GBK seems to be the right value when setting a Windows locale, though Spine does have explicit support for GB13030. The failure is inside Java, long before any Spine code runs. Our only hope is to find a workaround but so far we haven't made much progress. It is extra hard because, as you found, it's not easy (or possible?) to change the Windows default encoding, so we can't see the problem ourselves.

We have tried setting -Dfile.encoding (and other settings) and it works fine for us with GBK, GB13030, etc. Our Windows default encoding is not GB13030, so I assume something different is happening on your machine.

We've uploaded a new launcher (3.8.62). Sorry to bother you so many times, but can you please re-download, reinstall, and then try these:
1) Run Spine.com and show the output.
2) Run Spine.com --defaultEncoding and show the output (we've made some changes to what you tried before).
3) Run Spine.com --gbkEncoding and show the output.

---

Oops, upload hadn't happened when I last posted. Launcher 3.8.62 is up now!
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

I have tried these arguments but got the same error.

when I changed local to America. I get file.encoding = cp1252 and spine work ok.
when I resume to China. I still get file.encoding = GB18030 and spine failed.

I have no idea to change file.encoding. Maybe I have to reset my windows.

------
I reset my windows and spine can work perfectly. Its file.encoding = "GBK"

Maybe some program has changed the file.encoding. :'(
If you have any progress I can test it with anthor pc (which is still with file.encoding = GB18030)
jianjiang

Nate

Oooook. Sorry it took us so long to get a handle on this, but we have now made progress.

Normally when setting the Windows system locale to Chinese, the default encoding is GBK. Java runs fine because it supports the GBK encoding by default.

When the "Microsoft GB18030 Support Package" is installed and the Windows system locale is Chinese, the default encoding is GB18030. Java can support that encoding, but it is not one of the default encodings. Java has bugs where it fails to load non-default encodings. This is not just a problem for Spine, but for all Java applications when using newer versions of Java.

We have fixed the problem, though it's a bit of a hack. When the encoding is GB18030 and the OS is Windows, we force Java to use GBK, which is very similar anyway. This allows Spine to run properly and should now work for you if you download and reinstall Spine again. The fix is in Spine launcher version 3.8.63.
Nate

Nate

jianjiang

Awesome! You solved it.
I can use spine now!
jianjiang

Вернуться в Editor