weee

assuming I have exactly the same image slots in another skeleton, every time I drag the bones with ik, Spine would only copy the bone but automatically deletes all the ik constraints, why is this and is there a solution?

---

I really need some help for my current project, lets say, for now I just want to combine 2 skeletons into 1 so I can rearrange the layers (in draw order), so far I yet to succeed, Spine would either import as a whole new animation or scrape the animation only leaving bones, at some other attempts, Spine would totally mess up the bone origin and hence the animation, I'm really scratching my head now, please could anyone advise on this?
weee

Erikari

Unfortunately constraints cannot be copied yet, however, this feature is planned: Duplicate constraints · #183 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor

The quickest thing to do in my opinion is to simply remake them. Or as an alternative, move all the images inside the skeleton that already has them instead.
Erikari

Erikari

weee

that's no good, if remake would be an easy task I wouldn't even bother asking, what makes combine skeletons so hard exactly, I would image to just bring root of another skeleton in and re-position and the rest would just work (including animation of that skeleton)
weee

Erikari

You said you have the exact same image slots right? Then why don’t you simply populate the skeleton that already has the constraints and animations set with the new images? You just need to import the data and choose existing skeleton. Or is there something else that prevents you from doing so?
Erikari

Erikari

weee

Erikari писал(а):You said you have the exact same image slots right? Then why don’t you simply populate the skeleton that already has the constraints and animations set with the new images? You just need to import the data and choose existing skeleton. Or is there something else that prevents you from doing so?
ignore what I said about same image slots, all I want for now is to combine two different skeletons (all exported with different layers from the same psd, the reason I kept them separated is I thought it would be easy to combine them later on, guess I was wrong), is there any way to combine them without redoing everything from scratch?

and guess what, even I'm now considering redo everything, I found out you can't simply copy and paste keyframes from another skeleton even the bones and slots are identical.
weee

Erikari

Hmm I think I understood. So you started with the same PSD, then developed two different rigs with different animations and some bones that differ, some that are the same, but I'm assuming the proportions of your character match. Let's see... You need to:

- integrate all the images in one single skeleton.
This can be done by first getting the slots to match in names, so that Spine will recognise them and merge them for you, it also works for adding new skins. After doing this you'll need to export a json from one of the two skeletons, and import it into the other, choosing to import the data in the same skeleton as mentioned in the previos post: Import - Spine User Guide: Data

the slots that don't match will be placed under the root and you'll need to sort them from there under the correct bones.

If I'm not mistaken this also imports the bones although I don't think it does it under the correct parents. In case it fails you can import a project, have a copy of that skeleton, and move the bones in question by dragging and dropping them from one skeleton to another. Or you can manually recreate them, depends on what is faster.

- recreate missing constraints.
Unfortunately, this needs to be done manually, cause as said this feature isn't available yet. I hope you don't have over 10 constraints in that skeleton! (I'd go for importing the skeleton with the less constraints into the one that has more constraints.)

- import the animations from the other skeleton.
This works if the receiving skeleton has the same names for the bones in the skeleton where the animation will be imported. It can have more bones, but for a successful import, it's best if most if not all bones names match. So make sure to rename everything nicely to have the two skeletons mirror each other. Import - Spine User Guide: Animation
(don't forget you can use ctrl and shift to select more than one)

For the ones that fail to import, you can copy the transforms and paste them: Tools - Spine User Guide: Transform copy

I think we all did this mistake of thinking it would be easier to separate in different skeletons one or more similar characters, only to regret it later. I remember spending the same time redoing it from scratch back when I started and we had half of these features, so I feel your pain! At least Spine is constantly growing and these tasks are progressively getting less hard and tedious. (back then you couldn't move things from one skeleton to another for example, or auto-populate slots) but we're getting there! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Erikari

Erikari

weee

any future plan on making combining skeletons/animations the way its supposed to be, what I want is you can easily import any skeleton into your new or existing project all the data including keyframes will be preserved and you can place the new skeleton by move the root bone of it (which is separate from your existing root)
weee

Erikari

You can check all the features we are planning to add and what we are currently working on on the roadmap page:
Spine Roadmap
Issues · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
Unlike Spine project files, which can have many skeletons inside them, a skeleton isn't supposed to ever have more than one root bone so doing this specifically the way you suggested is unlikely, as said it is planned to allow constraints duplication, so in the future you'll likely be able to move bones, constraints, and images all under a bone and still retain the structure in a different skeleton, but you'll have to re-import animations separately.
Erikari

Erikari

Вернуться в Editor