larmlarm

Would be awesome to be have a switch/toggle that jumps to animation start (resets the current frame to 0) when swapping animations in the Hierarchy (i.e. auto-press the 'Q' key on animation swap).

With this you can try out standing/idle animations and other short animations that don't cycle.

I think it is very easy to add 8)
larmlarm

Nate

Not a big fan of minor settings like this if they can be avoided by a sensible default. We could make it jump to frame zero always when changing animation visibility. What do you guys think?
Nate

Nate

Pharan

I usually need to test transitional animations between animations and this really helps to see what they look like.

I can't think of a case for when you'd need to not reset the time when you switch to a different animation, but like that other thing I thought was not sensible, who knows about the weird (but hackishly efficient) ways people use Spine. :p

It's fortunate that it's not that hard to set up a scene to test animation transitions in Unity. It usually ends up as a more faithful animation test compared to the rough previewing this change of default would provide. But definitely I think having it reset (by default and/or as a checkbox thing) is something very useful for just animators who have nothing but Spine to test their animations in sequence.

Or Spine could have a more explicit thing for testing and playing Animations in sequence, but I think that would be a million times more complicated to implement compared to this change. And I think reset-to-time-zero would be the sensible default either way.
Pharan

Nate

Thanks for the input.

Shiu? :)
Nate

Nate

Søren

It would make sense to reset the animation by default so I'm all for it
Søren

Shiu

Nate

Ok, changed in next version.