Nick

Help

I found that animated keys under hidden bone seems will not show in the dope sheet. I guess this is probably by design but it is causing me trouble. I want to adjust the timing of an animation and was trying to shift a group the key. However, I also have quite a lot of bones hidden from time to time to make the canvas easier to manage. That sometimes cause me missed some keys when adjusting the animation timing because some key are not shown/selected when parent bone is hidden. (Group select some key and shift, shrink, expand, etc)
To solve to problem, I would suggest to add an option to always show keys even under a hidden bone.
Nick

Nate

Such an option adds more magic to the situation. Usually adding more options isn't the right solution, as it complicates using the software. I'm not sure it makes sense to hide bones that have keys. An alternative could be to set the bone color to transparent and optionally to uncheck Select for that bone. This way you can't see or select it in the viewport, but it still shows in the dopesheet and you can select it in the tree.
Nate

Nate

Nick

I found that it is not a simple hidden bone causing it. The keys are reside on a bone belongs to another skin. Those keys are not shown but still contribute to the animation total duration. For an instance I shrinked the animation from 80 frames to 70 but the orange end line is still marked at 80 because the hidden keys still occupying frame 80.
Nick

Nate

Aye, that can happen when there are deform keys for attachments that are not visible because they are not in the active skin (though they will show if they have a linked mesh visible which inherits deform). This is done because there could be many skins, which could mean many deform timelines.

We can have the tree view setting Show all skin attachments to also have the dopesheet show all deform timelines, even if the attachment is not visible in the current skin. This will be done in 3.8.60.
Nate

Nate

Nick

thanks

Btw, will it make more sense when I "add to skin" a bone, the children of that bone will also be added to that skin too?
Or is there a shortcut that I can auto select all the child bones under current selected bone so that I can add all of them to skin together?
Nick

Nate

We did many iterations of automated actions when adding to skins. Ultimately we only kept the actions where we can be sure that is what the user wants. If we do much automatically, the extra magic can be confusing/surprising.

You may not want all child bones in the skin, eg consider when some bones are used for a short hair skin and the same bone hierarchy plus some additional bones are used for a long hair skin. In that case the short hair skin would not contain all the child bones.

If you filter the tree to show only bones, you can click the first bone, then shift+click the last bone to select many at once. We don't currently have a hotkey to select all child bones.
Nate

Nate

Nick

ok. I understand.
thanks
Nick

Вернуться в Editor