.Winning.

Hello, We are having a problem.

We are upgrading the unity version to 2019 for our project.

And our project is using spine version 3.5 originally. And have been using binary format.

So I believe I need to upgrade the spine runtime to 3.7, and re-export all the binary spine skeleton data using spine 3.7 in order to make everything fine again.

So here is the problem. Some of our spine are made a long time ago and their original spine project seems to be lost. And I cannot get the project and re-export the new skeleton data. I only got those 3.5 skeleton data in front of me.

Any way I can do to incorporate the 3.5 skeleton data to unity 2019? Or Is there any way I can still keep the spine 3.5 runtime in unity 2019, by modifying some of the runtime code? :tear:

Desperately need help, thx
.Winning.

Harald

Hello,
You can use the menu entry Spine -> Import Data... to import your exported assets. Then re-export the project from Spine 3.7 to use it with the 3.7 Spine-Unity runtime.
We do not recommend adapting Spine 3.5 for Unity 2019.
Harald

Harri

.Winning.

Thanks. I tried.
The following ERROR message will pop up when I tried to import the spine 3.5 skel.bytes file into the 3.7 editor

"An error occurred while importing the skeleton. Please be sure to choose a valid skeleton JSON or binary file."

Thanks for your help.
.Winning.

Harald

Have you tried importing the data in an older Spine version (especially in the version that has been used to export the files) and then upgrading the project to Spine 3.7 (by opening the project in the new Spine editor version)?

You can quickly switch versions via Spine -> Settings Spine version. After restarting Spine you are at your desired Spine editor version.
Harald

Harri

.Winning.

Coz I though that new version editor can open older version project as well. Guess it doesn't apply to data import?

And this won't affect the texture packing, right? So that I can keep the old atlas and atlas txt? Just to make sure. :)
Thanks anyway~

But I'm having another problem here. It works when I manually open the editor to import data. But since I get a hundred of spine, I plan to use command line to do the work for me. It work perfectly when I export data. But when I import data in cmd. It just open the editor for me, but the data is not imported. Any clue? ......
.Winning.

Harald

And this won't affect the texture packing, right? So that I can keep the old atlas and atlas txt? Just to make sure. :)
The old atlas (.atlas.txt and png files) can still be used.

Note that you could also use Spine's Texture Unpacker to restore your images from a packed atlas (you need both the .atlas.txt and png files).
But when I import data in cmd. It just open the editor for me, but the data is not imported. Any clue?
Can you post the command line commands that you are using?
Harald

Harri

.Winning.

Spine -i myPath\char_01.skel -o myPath\tmp.spine -r

-> editor opened with empty project. "Started." log returned.
And no spine project spine appeared as it is not saved yet.
( It also says "Error reading hotkeys.txt file" but this is always the case even when I manually open my own editor)

I have tried several cases with existed output project file / non-existed output project file; input data file / input folder path; skeleton name omitted/ with a skeleton name, and they didn't make any difference
(The file path work fine as I used the same path to perform export action)

This is the case for spine 3.5 editor, coz my data is 3.5 spine.
I've also tried using spine 3.7 editor to import my 3.5 spine data.
"ERROR: Unable to import skeleton
ArrayOutOfBounds: 116 at IN.a<SourceFile:222>" is returned.

However, I have just tried using 3.7 editor to import a 3.7 spine data for experiment. It works. Spine editor didn't opened but a spine project is created.
Seems like it is the problem for spine 3.5 editor(?)
.Winning.

Harald

Spine -i myPath\char_01.skel -o myPath\tmp.spine -r
Back at the time of version 3.5.51 there seems to have been no -r parameter on the command line:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161230224555/http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-export/#Usage

You could either try different syntax from this docs page, or try Spine 3.6 (e.g. 3.6.53), since the first time the -r option appears on waybackmachine is 2018/05/14:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180514003607/http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-export

Apart from that, maybe doing it via the GUI could be the quickest way before trying all different sorts of versions.
Harald

Harri

Вернуться в Runtimes