Mavina

Hi,

I am having problems creating a prefab in Unity. My first problem is that I do not have the "Animation Import Type" option as seen in YouTube videos when I try to create a prefab (this is seen in the attached image). Secondly I get errors when trying to create the prefab. I have also attached the atlas and Json file.

Thanks for your help in advance.

SpineMultiatlasCreationException: provided file does not exists
UnitySpineImporter.SpineMultiatlas.deserializeFromFile (System.String multiatlasFilePath) (at Assets/UnitySpineImporter/Scripts/Editor/Model/Spine/Atlas/SpineMultialtas.cs:19)
UnitySpineImporter.SpineImporterWizard.OnWizardCreate () (at Assets/UnitySpineImporter/Scripts/Editor/SpineImporterWizard.cs:58)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnitySpineImporter.SpineImporterWizard:OnWizardCreate() (at Assets/UnitySpineImporter/Scripts/Editor/SpineImporterWizard.cs:80)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I the searched this forum and found this link http://esotericsoftware.com/forum/Unity3d-importer-beta-2012?p=13112&hilit=SpineMultiatlasCreationException#p13112 and followed all instructions starting with renaming the atlas. Things just jot worse.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Mavina

Pharan

Hello, Mavina.
Which video were you watching? That was possibly a very old video by now.
Here is the latest on how to import : http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-unity-documentation#Importing-into-Unity
Pharan

Mavina

Thanks for the reply. The video I was referring to was

I was able to create the prefab by re-exporting necessary files from Spine but I still have a question about the "Animation Import Type" option, why is it not available?

On another note, I recently picked up this asset . It creates native Unity animation files from the texture(s), atlas and. json files and much more which I find your build prefab is lacking (see attached image).

Image1.png
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Mavina

Mitch

Ah yes, the guy that is literally stealing content without permission from the Spine Example Content for profit :/ I wouldn't expect his asset to be on the Unity store much longer.
Mitch

Mitch

Pharan

@Mavina.
If you got something from the Unity asset store, you should contact that person directly.
We don't have anything on the asset store and can't provide support for things other people made.

Also, that guy's stealing, I guess?
Pharan

Mavina

I do not know if he is stealing or using any of your proprietary content for personal gain. I can say that he has written a very nice tool that offers a much needed service.

Even though I tried using your Unity support software, it did not compete with this tool. Spine is an awesome 2D animation utility, but your Unity support is basic at the most. There were many problems using your support tools, and if you go back through the forum you can see that is h has been quite buggy. This tool has just worked with no problems, and has more features, which IMHO are greatly needed.

As previously mentioned your tool is lacking. I am sorry that I mentioned this asset to you because I really would hate to see it go away. On the other hand how can accuse this person of stealing? And do you not have to prove to Unity that this person is stealing and not just accuse them. Now if the person is stealing that's one thing but please check this out thoroughly for not only all the people that have already purchased the asset but for those that will in the future. This asset is making it easier for people to use Spine animations in Unity.

And if it is found out that this person is stealing then hopefully you can create a tool that is just as good or better.

Also, though it is irrelevant now because of the asset that I am using instead of yours, but you still have not answered my question about why is the "Animation Import Type" option not available?
Mavina

Mitch

Didn't say he stole code. Its the intentionally de-watermarked and modified example files that he's not allowed to use.

Hope you can contact him and sort out his problems.

That being said it wouldn't surprise me in the least if its code base (obfuscated in a DLL unlike the Spine runtimes) is borrowing heavily from the base support of everyone's work here.
Mitch

Mitch

Mavina

Sorry, my mistake, I mistook "literally stealing content without permission from the Spine Example Content" as that you were implying that he stole or was using some of the Spine importer code.But I did contact him a couple of days ago and put in some requests, so I can make mention to him that he should remove all Spine animations.
Mavina

Вернуться в Unity