IndieDoroid

Hi guys,

I'm noticing the latest revisions of Spine are running into a memory problem. Is there anything we can set to not have these pop up? I can't export my JSON files sometimes due to memory. A restart fixes it, but it didn't do this in earlier versions. :'(
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
IndieDoroid

Nate

Can you post or send a project that runs out of memory? contact@esotericsoftware.com Even when we open large projects Spine doesn't use much memory, so we haven't been able to improve it.
Nate

Nate

fns

Hi, we are having the same issue with the out of memory message when exporting the json file.
We used a while ago a syntax to run Spine with more memory and it worked back then.Now even this is not working anymore.Our project is 56 mb in size with a 400 mb images library.
What do you advice us to do?

Thanks in advance!
Vlad
fns

Nate

@fns/Vlad, what version of Spine are you using? Are you packing an atlas when you export the JSON? Do you have Pretty print checked? If so, try unchecking it.

The only reason to use JSON is if you need to read the data. Otherwise you should be using binary, especially if you have a large project. Please check if a binary export succeeds.

As a last resort you can increase the maximum amount of memory Spine is allowed to use by running it this way (for example, for 4GB):
Spine -Xmx4096m
Nate

Nate

fns

Hi Nate, we are currently still working with the 3.8.97 version because of game compatibility.We are not packing atlas and also do not have pretty print checked and yes as i said we tried maximizing Spine memory using -Xmx1500m.

We should talk to the programmers regarding the use of binary type as you said.Till then i will try a few things recommended by you and come back asap with a reply to this.

Thank you!
Vlad
fns

Nate

Ahh, OK. Binary is definitely better, for faster export, smaller file size, and faster loading speed. There is also no reason to stop at 3.8.97, you should use 3.8.99. It will work with the same runtimes you are already using.
Nate

Nate

Вернуться в Editor