Seiorai

Hi loves!

How can I achieve a similar text shine/sheen effect to this:
https://sta.sh/01beew142eyi

but in Essential? Without using image sequences? I'd use masks but afaik they're pro only...

Thanks so much! :grinteeth:
Seiorai

Erikari

You can upload an image sequence to place on top of the text and change the blending mode to additive.
You can also use a blurred blob of light image, and scale it while translating it, although it would be less precise, it would make a nice blooming effect.
In addition to this you can also play with the color and transparency of the letters, and perhaps combine all the tree things into one :D

Btw clipping has limitations, you can only use one mask per skeleton at the same time, plus the edges would be very sharp, so don't worry you're not missing much in this case!
Erikari

Erikari

Seiorai

Erikari писал(а):You can upload an image sequence to place on top of the text and change the blending mode to additive.
You can also use a blurred blob of light image, and scale it while translating it, although it would be less precise, it would make a nice blooming effect.
In addition to this you can also play with the color and transparency of the letters, and perhaps combine all the tree things into one :D

Btw clipping has limitations, you can only use one mask per skeleton at the same time, plus the edges would be very sharp, so don't worry you're not missing much in this case!
I just realized I forgot to specify I can't use sequences, coder said he can't use them so gotta do everything without sequences xD;
I'll try the other two suggestions, thanks!! :)
Seiorai

Erikari

Coder may have said that, probably assuming you wanted to use spritesheets, but what about image swapping? can't you swap images on and off? Of course you shouldn't abuse this and reuse the same images as much as possible, but this is just a little suggestion you may have not considered yet :>
Erikari

Erikari

Seiorai

Erikari писал(а):Coder may have said that, probably assuming you wanted to use spritesheets, but what about image swapping? can't you swap images on and off? Of course you shouldn't abuse this and reuse the same images as much as possible, but this is just a little suggestion you may have not considered yet :>
Erm...image swapping?
Here's what I did: I made the txt sheen in PS, saved the frames individually and then turned opacity on and off as needed to create the sheen seen in the example. That's before the coder said "no sequences".

Is this image swapping or is that another amazing contraption that'll totally save my day? :D

---

Another issue:

The NEW sheen isn't showing up in the coder's simulation.
It should look like this: https://sta.sh/019ywzsqrgj9
Instead it looks like this: https://sta.sh/015h8bn9vv9t

It looks ok BUT the sheen is totally missing.
The way I did it was to duplicate the slots in Draw Order, set them to different blending (screen) and work with the opacity to make it look like the text is shining.
What's going wrong?
Seiorai

Вернуться в Editor