BinaryCats

Alas, it has come the time to decide if we progress with mecanim or not.

There are some pretty major features with spine that are not (or atleast from what I could find) supported.

One major thing is IK/bone manipulation. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get this to work if it is supported. there are numerous instances of when we need to place a bone/ik at a specific point. When using the mecanim controller, even with the bone on Override enabled.

Another thing which we where hoping to use was Blendtrees, I understand this is possible with baking. But, because of bakings limitations. Im pretty sure we don't want to go down that root.

Another thing, is root motion. Another thing I could not get to work :( . We also have some bespoke requirements here, which apparently makes this impossible. We need to be able to move in 3 axis with root motion. i.e. taking the X displacement and moving the character that much in the Z axis.

Am I mistaken about these things not being supported? If they are not will they get support anytime soon?
BinaryCats

Pharan

Bone manipulation doesn't work with SkeletonAnimator.UpdateLocal or UpdateWorld events?
Pharan

BinaryCats

Pharan писал(а):Bone manipulation doesn't work with SkeletonAnimator.UpdateLocal or UpdateWorld events?
I tried :/ but I couldn't see any changes
BinaryCats

Mitch

Are you trying to use the Mecanim FootIK for some reason? Like that OnAnimatorIK crap?

Also if you need a comprehensive IK solution FinalIK works just fine w skeleton utility override bones
Mitch

Mitch

BinaryCats

No, just placing IKs through the skeleton via code
BinaryCats

Вернуться в Unity