FoxInABox

My idea was to use the selected bone in the top image, to control where he was facing in the game (those two are currently connected by -100 relative coordinate transform)
how.png

But when going to a side, then one cheek bone need to stand still, while the center follows and the other cheek follows a bit behind .. but what do I do when I need to go the other way, as the bone on the other side need to stop at its start position??

How do I stop bones from moving too far from the center?

Edit: Maybe there isn't a good way to do this from 1 point to both sides?

After a bit of thinking.. Since I get one side to work, then the easiest might be to just flip it for the other side..

I do have some images that should be on a spesific side of the head, but I guess I could add a hidden copy on the other side and toggle visibility when the flip happens.

Non drawn stuff don't have to calculate their mesh transform I hope.

(version 3.7.96 due to GameMakerStudio 2, in case that matters)
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
FoxInABox

Erikari

Hello FoxInABox!

From the fact that you're using inverse transforms, I presume you have already seen this: Mix and Match example: Face control

If you're starting with a frontal version of your character in setup mode, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to mirror the positions you reach with bones when moving the main controller.

By the way, do you need to animate the whiskers using those two bones or are they there just to control the whiskers? Cause if it's the second case, you could simply remove those bones and bind the whiskers to the main control and inverse control, changing the weights until you reach an effect that is suitable for you.

As long as you set the same weights on mirroring vertices, it should look fine.
I tried to make a little fox head to exemplify what I mean, I hope it will be useful!

fox.zip
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Erikari

Erikari

FoxInABox

The side bones is only there to control the cheeks

I did see a face control video on that.

The problem is that I'm trying to be able to move the head to a sideview position, so that one cheek is almost in the middle while the other gets a bit squished.

So I'm not sure if the inverse method can do that.
FoxInABox

Erikari

If you want to have a perfect side view then this method can't help you. Because you need to switch images in an out, you can't simply move a bone to achieve this, therefore you'd have more luck having a side view pose, a front one, and trigger the change through code, perhaps you could also create an animation that transitions from front view to side view and still control the front view with the bone until a threshold is reached. (mine are only guesses though as I don't know what you aimed to do with this precisely, if just follow the mouse or something storytelling related)
Erikari

Erikari

Вернуться в Editor