Jamez0r

One of the bosses in my game is a humanoid that's hanging from vines - the humanoid can swing around on the vines, slam down on the ground, etc. The vines that attach to the humanoid are a 2 bone IK with the target on the humanoid. I can freely move the humanoid around in animation, and the vines will follow him. I use paths to move the humanoid around in swinging arcs.

The vine IK has to Strech to reach certain positions that the humanoid swings to.

I was super stoked to see that 3.8 added the Softness option -> any time the humanoid moved such that there would be 'slack' in the vines, the vines would bend unnaturally (exactly what the Softness option was made for). But it looks like Softness overrides the Strech option. Is that intended, or is there a workaround or anything I could do?

Thanks for any help!
Jamez0r

Shiu

Unfortunately Stretch and Softness can't be used together.

Maybe you can get around it by setting up a rig similar to the one on Stretchyman which is included as an example. Another option might be offsetting the IK target by parenting it to a second bone. This second bone would then act as the target for the humanoid.
I'd be happy to see if there are better solutions for your use case specifically, but I would need to get a better idea of exactly what you're trying to do.

I hope this answers your question.
Shiu

Shiu

Jamez0r

Shiu писал(а):Unfortunately Stretch and Softness can't be used together.

Maybe you can get around it by setting up a rig similar to the one on Stretchyman which is included as an example. Another option might be offsetting the IK target by parenting it to a second bone. This second bone would then act as the target for the humanoid.
I'd be happy to see if there are better solutions for your use case specifically, but I would need to get a better idea of exactly what you're trying to do.

I hope this answers your question.
Thanks for the quick reply Shiu!

Video of the setup:

Gameplay Clip:
Jamez0r

Shiu

That is a very cool idea for a boss!

I've created an example project with a much simpler setup. It's possible this will be easier to work with.

In the project there are two constraints of note:
center which will place the middle bone between the root and tip of the vine by settings Translate Mix to 50.
slack which will add some "drag" to the vine when you move the tip. I've setTranslate Mix to 25 on this one, but other values might work better for you.

Maybe this could work.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Shiu

Shiu

Jamez0r

Ooo, interesting setup. I'll give that a try - thanks Shiu!
Jamez0r

Shiu

Cool, I'd like to hear how it worked out for you.
Shiu

Shiu

Вернуться в Editor