misaki_m

Hi,

I'd love to get some advice about reversing cape animation.

Here is my test animation, the cape's outside is blue and the inside is red.
I made this with weights and some bones but I'm not satisfied it because the form of inside is not much perfectly.
My final goal is making reversing animation with more complex design.
(The cape's design was already decided and it has a geometric pattern on the inside.)

What do you think about this setup?
I attached the spine project(mantTest.zip), so please check it and tell me your opinion.

Thank you in advance.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
misaki_m

Erikari

Hello Misaki!

I studied your setup a bit, I think yours is a nice solution overall. HEre are some small suggestions:

You could adjust the weights of these two vertices here to make a smoother curve:

You could add a couple more points too if you feel the border is too geometric.

If the vertices are tightly close to the mesh, the bending result is better. The same goes if you start with a straight mesh vs a curved mesh. To avoid this:

I tried to do a different setup, but I ended up liking yours better. specifically, I tried to rig the cape first, then duplicate it with its bones, replace the image with the red cape one, parent the duplicated bones to the original bones, and move the duplicates to make the red show from underneath. But as said, I like how you did it :D
Erikari

Erikari

misaki_m

Thank you for your reply, Erika!!

I agree with your advice, I should adjust weights and vertices amount.

Though I also had the idea that put the red cape under blue cape like you tried, but it could not make ideal form X(
I'm glad that you like my way because I spent a lot of time for getting that idea :D

Thank you soooo much!!!
misaki_m

Erikari

I know it's not that easy as it seems at first!
Did you also consider rotating the two more external bones to increase the curve level? (I noticed I forgot to write this) sometimes this can help to achieve a cuter shape.

Thank you as well for sharing your setup! I love seeing this kind of interesting problems.
Erikari

Erikari

misaki_m

I fixed the setup and animation following your advice, and the result is here!

Actually, I forgot to use rotating as you said, so I reconsider the animation.
I think it is improved :D

When I added more vertices, it was being easy to adjust, so I again learned important that the amount of vertices.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
misaki_m

warmanw

thanks for sharing the project. nice rig.
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer

Вернуться в Editor