ArthasM

Hello guys.
I'm editing an old spine skel with flip x and got this Warning when I open it with newest version:

WARNING: Removed timeline (flip X no longer supported): [, animation: move]
WARNING: The project loaded with warnings.

I want to use this model in unity. However, it was made in 2.1.27 version and I cannot find this version for Unity. I tried to load it in spine 2.1.27 and save as spain project. Than open with newest version and this warning poped out.

Is there a way to achieve same result as flip x? Or is there a way to load it into unity with archive version of 2.1.27?

Thank you.
ArthasM

Erikari

Hello!
The flip checkbox has been long deprecated in favor of negative scaling.
Just set the scale of the bones you want to flip to -1 to achieve the same result.
Erikari

Erikari

ArthasM

Hi Erikari, thank you for your help.

Can I scale bone with world axes? I know scale could work, but I can only scale it on its local axes and have to change each rotation frame to fit.
good.gif

bad1.gif

bad3.gif

After that, what I did was remembering all rotation frame in the correct one and put in each frame of the one after scale -1. Than I got a correct animation.
good2.gif

Is this the only way to do so? Can I simply scale it with global axes?

Thank you.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
ArthasM

Shiu

@ArthasM in many cases you can just scale the root bone. The children of a scaled bone will be scaled as if you were scaling them on a global axis.

In this gif, the upper leg bones are parented to the hip bone. Scaling the hip bone gives the effect you are after.
Shiu

Shiu

ArthasM

[quote="Shiu"][/quote]
Hi Shiu,
That's exactly what I did. There are two bones in each leg, between the second and third gif, I only scaled the upper leg and I got 3rd gif. But, as you see, the result is haf-way and need to copy paste all rotation variable.
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate. It seems like what I did is the only way to solve this old version project. I really want the flip x function back in the future updates. Thank you!
ArthasM

Shiu

scaling the root bone to -1 is essentially the same as FlipX. But if you are disabling Rotation inheritance on a bone, it will also disable Reflection which can cause some issues if you are not aware of it.

I'm afraid the old FlipX/FlipY won't be making a return in Spine, it was a very limited system, and Spine had a different kind of scaling system back then.
Shiu

Shiu

Вернуться в Editor