KLCL

Hi fellow Spine user and Dev.
I been using Spine for a while, I am not sure if Spine have this function at the moment, it seem to be missing to me.
If yes, please tell me how to do it. If no, it will be great for the Dev to add it in in future update if possible.
Thanks many

1) When switching from Animate mode to Setup mode, a function to copy the values for Rotate/Translate/Scale/Shear etc of the entire skeleton at certain time point frame from a dopesheet.
2) In Setup mode is there a function or shortcut key to copy all values of the current entire skeleton and recall it out .
I am currently inputting values of every bone by hand when I switch to and from Animate and Setup mode for fine adjustments. It starting to get impractical and highly time consuming when the skeleton get bigger and more complex.
KLCL

Erikari

Hello and welcome on the forum!

1. you can do this by copying the bone transforms. In practice, select the bones you want from the viewport or tree, then press ctrl+c while in world coordinates. Go back to setup mode and paste to get the same position, rotation, etc. for the selected bones.

2. I think the above method still applies ^

Tools - Spine User Guide: Transform copy
Erikari

Erikari

KLCL

Thank you for your reply.
Let me explain it in a bit more detail.

With simple project models I can just copy and paste bones/skeletons easily using the method you mention.
The problem kicks in when the model and skeleton gets bigger and more complicated, such as models with 100+ bones, when I need to Add or Remove bones to achieve desired effects I want, then the copy and paste method become tedious. Currently, existing functions does not record and recall parameter of the bones if there’s any changes to the number of bones.
Copy and paste doesn’t work if the number of bones have changed. Nothing will happen if I press ctrl+v.
It’s also not possible to copy from a backup project as spine does not allow copy and paste from another project (aka open 2 copies of spine at the same time)
Import from a backup project also doesn’t work as the skeleton will get overwritten by the imported project.
It’s also not possible to create pose in animation mode as backup and paste to setup mode, as changes in setup mode will change the animation, losing its effect as backup
So what I need is a function or method that:
Record the current pose (position of each bone) as rest-pose, and reset to rest-pose even I changed the number of bones
For example, select Rest-pose to record coordinates of skeleton at current position (replacing old rest-pose or add new rest-pose)
Select Reset to applied all recorded coordinates of rest-pose to current skeleton (not affected by adding or removing bones).

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
KLCL

Erikari

KLCL писал(а):when I need to Add or Remove bones to achieve desired effects I want,
Add and remove from what?(:
KLCL писал(а):Currently, existing functions does not record and recall parameter of the bones if there’s any changes to the number of bones.
If you want to paste these, they must be the same amount of elements, yes.
KLCL писал(а):It’s also not possible to copy from a backup project as spine does not allow copy and paste from another project (aka open 2 copies of spine at the same time)
Yes you can have two Spine instances open at the same time, by checking reuse instance Settings - Spine User Guide: Reuse instance
But the best course of action is to import a project into another, then delete it after you don't need it anymore. Import - Spine User Guide: Skeleton
KLCL писал(а):Import from a backup project also doesn’t work as the skeleton will get overwritten by the imported project.
Not if you choose a different name. Make sure to import the skeleton and not the animation.
KLCL писал(а):It’s also not possible to create pose in animation mode as backup and paste to setup mode, as changes in setup mode will change the animation, losing its effect as backup
In this case it is best to keep your backup skeleton inside the same project instead. Perhaps deactivated.

Well, you don't need to record a pose for every bone because the setup pose does that. A Spine project can hold multiple projects at the same time, and as said you can keep one as backup if you're concerned about poses being wrecked.
Erikari

Erikari

Вернуться в Editor