lazygun82

So the new Spine 3.8 json can´t be imported into Gamemaker Studio 2 right now. Obviously GM must update their software but I´m wondering if there is a way to export Spine animations saved in 3.8 as a 3.7 json or something similar.

As you can guess I saved an animation under 3.8 and now I´m stuck: I can´t export to GMS2 and when I downgrade Spine to 3.7 I can´t open the 3.8 animation in Spine.

Is there a solution for this problem or do I have to redo the whole animation in 3.7. from scratch?
lazygun82

Shiu

Try exporting your JSON with non-essentials checked. Then load up Spine 3.7 and import the JSON using Import Data.

If this doesn't work for you, you can do a JSON rollback before trying to import the data.
warmanw made a post on how to do this here: Open project in an older version

I hope this helps!
Shiu

Shiu

lazygun82

Thanks for the answer. The import/export didn´t work. The link you provided to warmanw´s post points to my forum post. I´ve tried searching the forum for the article you mentioned but couldn´t find it. Could you update the link please?

Edit: Nevermind, i found it and did the the rollback. It broke 2 of the animations but I´ll work with what I have. Thanks a lot for helping.
lazygun82

Shiu

I'm terribly sorry for linking the old wrong thread. I've updated it now for future reference.

Happy to hear you found a solution, a shame about the two animations but I hope it wasn't too much work lost.
Shiu

Shiu

Вернуться в Runtimes