dc_all

Hey everyone.
I've been holding off on reporting this one for a while, as I'm not completely sure how to reproduce this bug.

Just sometimes when I render PNG frames, I get random missing footage placeholders appearing (the red box with text).
Generally if I simply rerender the frames, it corrects itself the second or third time around.

I really have no idea what causes the issue or what fixes it. I have no missing footage, and any animations play fine in the preview window. Only occurs on PNG exports every now and then. It has occured in many projects, and through the last couple of versions now. I updated to the latest version (3.7.87) this morning and saw the issue happen not long after.

Again, generally if I just rerender it fixes itself. but it's left me on my toes keeping an eye on my compiled frames, as sometimes they can be hard to spot, as it may just be a single particle or sparkle with the missing footage icon.

if I get any more information I'll post it here. I haven't posted a project file as it seems to happen in any project and can be difficult to reproduce. All footage is stored on my local HDD, not a network connection or cloud.
dc_all
  • Сообщения: 8

badlogic

Sorry for the troubles. Could you give us some information about the size of your individual frames? While you said it happens with any project, it might still be helpful for us to get a hold of one of your projects to try to reproduce it locally. Please send one project to contact@esotericsoftware.com.
Аватара пользователя
badlogic

Mario
  • Сообщения: 2108

pzey0625

Generally this happens to me if my footage folder contains a LOT of images and limit scanning is off. Depending on the size of the footage folder, the images come back after some time (usually not more than 10 seconds). However this happens every time anything changes in the footage folder (even if it's nothing image related) Maybe some background process on your PC like backups? You could try turning on "limit scanning" on the footage folder in spine if you haven't already, maybe that already does the trick.
Hope it helps!
pzey0625
  • Сообщения: 7

Erikari

I thought of Limit scanning too initially, (by the way, here's the user guide link to it: Images - Spine User Guide: Images node ) but they say the error happens on export. (Still worth a try!)
The only times I saw missing images happen during export, were when the images or project folder matched with the export folder.
So another solution to try could be to export in a folder outside of those, and see if the problem still presents itself.
Аватара пользователя
Erikari

Erikari
  • Сообщения: 2009

Nate

Coming back to this, in 3.7.91 we've added extra protections to ensure everything is loaded when a frame is rendered. Normally everything is loaded up front for a single set of animations, then the export is done. It's possible for a reload to occur during export, and I assume that is what dc_all was seeing, so now Spine will wait for that to finish before rendering a frame.
Аватара пользователя
Nate

Nate
  • Сообщения: 9288


Вернуться в Bugs