iwhora

Hi there

I'm having a problem with the new Spine2d 3.2. anyway I did some animation for unity (was still on 3.1 I guess), everything worked fine a couple of days ago, then I updated to the newer version, since then it seems that the spine-unity is broken.. I've read that it's not supported yet, anyway I didn't know that, so I went ahead. opened all of my spine projects, and key framed "shear" on all the animations, thinking that was the problem, needless to say nothing works now, not even the game.. my question is, how can I open this project files that were saved with 3.2. version with the Spine 3.1.05. since atm I don't know why but it doesn't work, it says something about shear. http://i.imgur.com/i7BnqL0.png
iwhora

Pharan

You can try the spine-csharp 3.2 beta unitypackage.
It matches the current spine-libgdx and it should work. Just import it in your existing Unity project with functioning spine-unity files in it.

In all other situations, if you go to your %UserProfile%/Spine/backup folder, you will find older versions of your saved project.

Beyond that, what you could do is export your json in the latest version of Spine. Then reimport it in the older version you wanted. If you didn't use Shear, opening it in 3.1.x should work fine.
Pharan

iwhora

Thank you, I've managed to solve the problem using backup folder. It really saved me. tnx!!
iwhora

Pablo

Hi Pharan,

I'm a programmer and we had the same problem in our company and lost 2 days of our animator work. I tried to import animation into unity and had errors, then I realise the artist had updated Spine. We tried to export the .json with 3.2.1 and reimport with 3.1.08 (we did not used Shear) but still appeared the Shear error.

In game development, keep versions of plugins until we need to update is really important for us. I've been looking for a way for disable spine updates and popups saying "hey there is a new version of Spine" each time you open a new project. Is there any way to block this right now? If not, please consider as a new feature under settings, so we do not lose resources needlessly updating Spine by error.

Thanks!
Pablo

Pharan

Oh. I think the extra step there is to go through your json and delete all the items that mention "shear". That should be in the bones.
Exporting with "Pretty Print" should make it easy.

You can select a specific version of Spine in the Settings menu instead of "Latest" and I think that disables the new update message.
Pharan

Pablo

Thanks for your fast response Pharan,

We could not open the Spine 3.2.01 animation with the Spine 3.1.08 with all the different export/import .json we tried.

However, we could import into Unity the animation exported with Spine 3.2.01 by removing the "shear" from the .json so we rescue many of the work!!

Thank you! :clap:
Pablo

Вернуться в Unity