mogbot

I have just purchased Spine for character animation and we are using Unity 5.3. I'm really confused about what version of the editor and the runtime I should be using as it seems to be in massive flux at the moment.

Can you clarify what might be the best/safest Spine editor+runtime combination to use?

I'd like to use v3.1+ of the editor as it seems to fix a ton of bugs, but it also sounds like there's no 3.1 runtime yet for Unity? Is there a timeline on the SkeletonUtility functionality being available? SO CONFUSED.
mogbot

Pharan

It's currently safe to use Spine editor 3.1 and use the current Spine-Unity runtime. I'd personally call that the "best".
The new feature in 3.1 (LinkedMeshes) should just be ignored by the loader if you use JSON, but loading will break if you use Binary.
3.1 for Spine-Unity should be ready this week though. It's a pretty simple port.

-- 07 Mar 2016 5:38 am --

EDIT:
Rechecked SkeletonUtility. It actually should be ready to use.
SkeletonRagdoll is safe to use if you don't have negatively-scaled bones.
Updating the .unitypackage now with the latest fixes.

If you encounter any problems, let us know.
Pharan

msm

Hi,

is SkeletonRagDoll expected to work with FlipX ? It previously worked, but I just updated my package, and now the ragdolls don't honor the FlipX. The rigidbodies go flying in the opposite direction as the skeleton
msm

Pharan

Thanks for reporting! We'll take a look at it.

-- 10 Mar 2016 2:48 am --

Flip seems to be broken where rigidbodies are involved. This actually falls under negative scale things that haven't been handled. No ETA for fix yet.
Pharan

Вернуться в Unity