Adenscott

Hello Esoteric Software community,

I'm working as a professional Spine Animator, and I have some questions about mixing in Unity.

Is there a way to adjust the rotation, translation, and scale of a given bone during Unity mixing from one animation to another?
It seems like mixing just picks the shortest possible path.

An example of what I want to do would be (also see attached illustration):

Animation A: An arm is swinging forward
Animation A mixes to:
Animation B: the arm is bent, posed onto hip

Mixing automatically pulls the arm straight to the B position. Can I tell mixing to swing the arm around a bit, so it doesn't pass through the rest of my rig?

Please see my illustrated example.

I am also wondering if it is possible to preview a mix in Spine or Unity.

Thanks, and great work!

-Aden Scott
mixGraphic.jpg
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
Adenscott

Pharan

Mixing does just interpolate linearly between position/rotation/scale A and position/rotation/scale B.
This isn't to say that it can never do anything else. The basic implementation of Spine.Animation state tries to cover the basic and common cases.
And whoever has custom mixing needs can implement a custom one according to what they need.

One thing you could do here is make an separate/actual transition animation since it looks like your transition is very specific.
Pharan

Adenscott

Thanks Pharan!
I'd love some more info on creating / implementing custom mixes. Do you (or anyone) have anything you could point me toward?

Also, is there a way to preview a mix before having to export?

Thanks, I always appreciate your feedback!
Adenscott

Pharan

Implementing custom mixing logic means replacing the code in the Spine.AnimationState class and sticking whatever math it needs in it.

Again, what you described seems like a very specific motion (a passing pose between pose A and pose B) so it seems like mixing logic has nothing to do with what you're looking for. You just need to animate the thing manually.

Previewing mixing in Spine editor hasn't been implemented yet. :sleepy:
Pharan

Вернуться в Unity