It seemed like the quickest way to add hundreds of tiny image/frames to my project was to duplicate the original image however it turns out there's no mass way to clear the path of all the images unless I'm missing something (workflow below):
[DISCLAIMER: we can't use sprite sheets due to our framework limitations/the software department deciding they didn't want to implement them so every image has to be separate ]
- 1. add image to project "sym_05_pieces/fin_bottomfront"
2. duplicate image 9 more times for each frame
3. do this with all 10 fish in project
4. find and replace whole project so images are correct e.g. "sym_05_pieces/fin_bottomfront_00 - 09"
5. Notice that none of the duplicated images have changed visually in spine meaning the path is still pointing to the original image
7. Double click on every image and press ok with the "clear path" checkbox ticked for the next few hours and a lot
There must be a way to clear the image path of more than one image at a time otherwise I'll be here for a while. (I probably could have done it in the time it's taken to make this post... )
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for next time I do this or failing that a better workflow (that doesn't involve the photoshop export script) Thanks