PeterBacall

Hi!

Any suggestions appreciated, this might not be a bug, but maybe a feature request:

In short:
BoneFollower on child game object doesn't flip correctly when the parent flips by setting the Y-rotation.

In detail:
I'm creating a platform shooter where the characters flip by setting the parent Y-rotation to either 0 or -180. I know this isn't the best and that Spine has a ScaleX/FlipX and so on. But this works best for my type of game with ray casting and other stuff.
The characters have a child game object (the Inventory) that contains all the equipped guns. The guns have a BoneFollower. When my character flips, the guns don't follow correctly with the rotation.

My question:
I know this is easily solved by moving the inventory out of the character that flips. Is there a way to keep it the way I want it to work (by having the BoneFollower work inside child game objects that flip)? I'm going to have a lot of characters with inventories, and it's going to get really confusing to have the inventories laying outside the characters in the hierarchy.

Temporary solution (works with a slight delay in the rotation):
- Uncheck "Follow Bone Rotation" in the BoneFollower
- Add a "Follow Skeleton Utility Root Rotation" script and Reference the transform I want to follow
I don't know if this is good, or the way to do it, but works for now.

Thanks in advance!
Peter
PeterBacall

Harald

Thanks for reporting, you have actually found a bug there!

I have created an issue ticket here:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/issues/1837

A bugfix should be in by tomorrow, after fixing it for BoneFollower I just discovered that BoneFollowerGraphic shows other issues that should be resolved in one go.

Edit: Unfortunately the intended bugfix did not cover all cases as desired, it may take a few more days eventually.
Harald

Harri

PeterBacall

I was going mad of confusion. Thanks for looking into it, cheers!
PeterBacall

Harald

We can gladly announce that this issue has just been fixed. BoneFollower and BoneFollowerGraphic now both provide better support for different Transform constellations and previously unsupported scaling or rotation setups. From the changelog:
Changelog.md писал(а):BoneFollower and BoneFollowerGraphic components now provide better support for following bones when the skeleton's Transform is not the parent of the follower's Transform. Previously e.g. rotating a common parent Transform did not lead to the desired result, as well as negatively scaling a skeleton's Transform when it is not a parent of the follower's Transform.
You can download the latest 3.8 unitypackage here as usual:
Spine Unity Download
The 4.0-beta branch will undergo a few more changed and will then receive a package update as well.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.

---

The 4.0-beta unitypackage has been updated as well now.
Harald

Harri

PeterBacall

Thank you Harald, works great! Threw it at all kinds of stuff the past week, been testing it a lot and holds so far, will let you know if I notice anything. :fiesta: All the best, Peter
PeterBacall

Harald

Very glad to hear! Thanks for your testing efforts and for the kind words! 8) :cooldoge:
Harald

Harri

Вернуться в Unity