chrismweb

I haven't used/updated Spine in about a month (I block it from updating automatically with firewall, since my LibGDX runtime has a couple custom things, and sometimes Spine updates need new run times - 16.37 currently), but today I just added a quick item (copied a slot, renamed it the name of the item, and changed the image path), but when I exported it, it crashed in "SkeletonBinary: readAttachment", because the name of the attachment was null.

I outputted the names, and it reads the first 2 attachments fine, but the 3rd it finds null:

SPINE: SkeletonBinary: found attachment with name: leg_upper
SPINE: SkeletonBinary: found attachment with name: leg_lower
SPINE: SkeletonBinary: found attachment with name: null
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at com.esotericsoftware.spine.SkeletonBinary.readAttachment(SkeletonBinary.java:224)

I removed the slot from spine, exported, still throwing null error. I then tried exporting as JSON, so I could see if the slot was staying on as a "ghost", and changed to importing it, and it imports fine, and runs.

So what could be causing binary to now break, but Json to run fine? Did it somehow update and the binary runtime change, or is it a bug exporting binary?
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
chrismweb

chrismweb

Here's also the exported JSON file that works, and the exported binary that no longer does/ has null attachments:
guy.json

guy.skel
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.
chrismweb

chrismweb

Well, I guess I'll just have to go update everything to the latest version, then re-add back in all the changes again, and hope everything will work, or just use the JSON output.

Would you be able to add an option in the settings to disable automatic updates (in case the program updated and changed the binary output, which caused the binary files loading to stop working)?

Is it possible to download .zipped versions, so if my program was using a certain version successfully, that I could use that version next time I worked on the project, instead of it no longer working coming back to a project?
chrismweb

Søren

Sorry I missed this thread. There is already an option to disable automatic updates. Go to settings and set it to the version you want to use instead of "Latest". You can always go back to a previous version in there as well, as long as you have that version "cached".

As for the technical side I'm afraid I can't help you there. If there is a bug I'm sure Nate will look into it once he is able to, he's currently focusing on the new features.
Søren

Shiu

chrismweb

Ok, thanks Shui, I will try doing that and seeing if it works again :D

I'll have to catalog which version in my code I was working on- although it looks like Nate actually put that on the top of the runtime comment (1.1- looks like he's done some updates!).

It's just frustrating when everything stops working when I was doing something unrelated (lets tweak that animation, or change an accessory on a character- now it crashes - couple hours later figure out why and have everything compiling again-> repeat any time something updates).

Thanks, I appreciate it!
chrismweb

Вернуться в Bugs