codingchili

Hello,

I'm trying to open a project in spine, It's just a fluffy bunny. It's missing a few vital limbs.
Spine Launcher 3.8.05
Esoteric Software LLC (C) 2013-2019 | http://esotericsoftware.com
Windows 10 Enterprise N x86 10.0
Up to date: Spine 3.8.59
Spine 3.8.59 Essential
Licensed to: <My Name>, <My Email>
NVIDIA Corporation, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2, 4.6.0 NVIDIA 431.36
Started.
WARNING: Removed attachment (duplicate): [region: arm-down, slot: arm-down, placeholder: arm-down, skin: <null>]
WARNING: Removed skin attachment (invalid skin): [region: arm-down, slot: arm-down, placeholder: arm-down, skin: <null>]
WARNING: The project loaded with warnings.
The bunny is from here: https://erikari.itch.io/fluffy-animals

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong here? I know that the bunny probably uses mesh transforms and I'm on the ESS version. The asset hasn't been updated for a while either, and might be incompatible with spine 3.7/3.8? If I knew it worked in 3.8 PRO I'd consider upgrading.

I've tried to reach the author without any success so far :'(
codingchili

Nate

Spine does checks when a project loads and fixes up invalid parts of the project caused by bugs in previous versions. The first one is a duplicate, removing it should be OK. The second one could be one of a few problems. We've improved this in 3.8.60 to be more specific about the problem, and in one case it'll now keep the attachment. We plan to release 3.8.60 in a day, but possibly two!
Nate

Nate

codingchili

Hi Nate,

Thanks, the bunny actually looks alright with the slots and bones present.
I just can't see the belly, legs and ears. (all meshes)

Is this expected when loading meshes in ESS?
codingchili

Nate

Ah, yes, that is normal -- Spine Essential doesn't display meshes.
Nate

Nate

codingchili

Many thanks, upgraded to PRO and bunbun is rocking it inside my game with the latest pixi runtimes!

Maybe we could have something like the "image not found"-boxes to replace meshes, it was a bit confusing to not see them at first. Especially with the error message that wasn't related to it.
codingchili

Nate

Agreed, we should do something visual to make it more clear what is going on. Maybe also a toast message when the project is loaded.
Nate

Nate

Erikari

Hello coding chili! It's-a me, the author of that old project! Deeply sorry for leaving you wait, (do you know how to get notifications of messages on itch-io? it's not the first time this happens and I'd really like to be more responsive) I've updated that project to be opened in ESS.
Now that v3.8 offers skin bones, folders, and easy PSD import to update or add new skins, I feel the times are mature to redo it from scratch and make it better!
Erikari

Erikari

Вернуться в Editor