Ceyl

Hello,

I am a little bit confused about animations in Unity. I bought Spine few days ago and I want to use mecanim animations into unity. I can export from spine and instantiate a mecanim skeleton in unity, all right. But I wan't to add some features in my animation from the unity editor timeline. Here, it is impossible because when I create my controller and trying to visualize animations directly in the unity editor (not at runtime), it is just impossbile. Am I missing something or it is just impossible to do it? Is it planned to add that feature?

Cheers
Ceyl

Pharan

No plans. Instantiate (Mecanim) is a workaround system. It only creates dummy animations so the Animator system knows the events and the duration of the animations. The actual animation data is still inside the json since the skeleton posing still uses Spine's system and not Unity's (because Spine's system has more features than Unity has).

If you need to make or edit Spine animations, you need to use Spine editor.

If it's just previewing in the editor though, if that can be done with regular mecanim imports, that could possibly be done for Spine too in the future.
Pharan

Ceyl

Thx for the reply. It was just in order to add some unity features in animations such as particles systems, colliders (circle or box), etc.

BTW I just saw the baking option in unity editor. Here it exports the animations in unity and I can visualize it in the editor but I lose all the benefits of spine.
Ceyl

Вернуться в Unity