fallen

I am using Spine to do all top-down games. From the forum, it looks like most other artists are focusing on side scrollers.

Can anyone post an example of isometric animation being done with spine? I'd really like to try some of this and am wondering if anyone else has tried before I break new ground!

Any advice, YouTube videos, or resources shares would be greatly appreciated! I will toss my first prototypes up here.
fallen

Epic Kickstarter Backer

JuanluGC

What type of isometric view are you saying?

A)

B)

in the first example the left right animations are doing like a platform game. The "up" and "down" you must use the draw-order to make a good swing result.

The 3/4 view in the B example are more tricky to do. Maybe a combinations of 2 example.

You can Search in the showcase examples, but i don't remember any Isometric Game made with spine.
JuanluGC

fallen

@JuanluGC - thanks for the response. I started a new thread because I looked through the showcase and couldn't find anyone doing it.

I have already built an example or two showing the "classic Final Fantasy" angle of characters, which is ... hard to describe. But, side scroll from the side and front and back. Generally if a character walks diagonal, they use one of their four cardinal direction animations for it.

My interest is in actual isometric (the second screenshot). I don't expect any major secrets, but was hoping to find anyone who had done / tried it to share techniques and ideas on how to keep the production hours down and where to start!
fallen

Epic Kickstarter Backer

JuanluGC

Our game is a side-scroller. But if you want i can try to do some isometrics animations tomorrow after work. I think that i could do that with my actual project.
JuanluGC

JuanluGC

40 minutes later.... Here you have!

The back-walking is little ugly but I'm doing it with the piece that i already have. With a new head and hair the animation would be perfect!

Tips. Scale the arms and the leg when they're "near" to the camera. And push up a little the "background" extremities and scale down a little. I hope this animations help you! :party:
JuanluGC

fallen

@JuanluGC - you're awesome! Thanks a ton for the example and I will give this a go and see if I can post my results!
fallen

Epic Kickstarter Backer

JuanluGC

No problem, @fallen!

Helping each other make the community better!

How is going your game? did you got a good isometric animation?
JuanluGC

fallen

@JuanluGC - I got really sucked into top-down production work in the last week so I haven't had time to try out your example. We're using spine for 100% top-down games right now, but have been discussing porting some of our non-spine games (which are "isometric-ish") over to spine.

I actually just posted a YouTube video showing off how we are using spine in our indie RPGs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31NBWimlls

I will post my results when I get them! I will try for something this weekend.
fallen

Epic Kickstarter Backer

Вернуться в Editor