skarasuko

In the projects I'm involved in, most of the humanoid characters (if not all) require a skeleton with the same set of bones. I prefer to name the bones according to the appropriate limbs as well. However, I've found the manual creation and naming of the bones to be tedious and repetitive over time. The problem is that my character files vary in resolution and the base poses are never the same.

I was wondering if there's an idea or template I can try to minimize the work as well as save more time.
skarasuko

Erikari

Hello skarasuko!
You can speed up the rig creation and bones naming by using this procedure:

1. Select the create tool
2. Click on a bone to be the parent of the bone you will create
3. Hold Ctrl and click on an image (or more) that you want to be children of the bone you're going to create
4. Click (and drag if you want) to create the new bone. This bone will be a child to the first bone you selected, named after the first image you selected, and all the images you selected will be its children.

Repeat until done :D If you're creating a chain of bones where one is the parent of the other you don't even need to select a new parent bone, and since when an image is selected you'll see its outline, it makes creating bones precisely even easier.

Let me know if this workflow may be better for you or if you were looking for something different! :)
Erikari

Erikari

skarasuko

Hi, Erikari. Unfortunately, this technique does not apply to me. In Spine Pro, I heavily rely on weights as my character models are always detailed to require it. This means that parenting an image to a bone is a somewhat obsolete method for me. For example, my 'bicep' and 'thighs' need the 'torso' weight as well.

The same goes for the automatic naming. I have a lot of different layers that uses the same bone, so I have to stick with generic names like: Torso, Bicep R, Thigh L, Knee R, etc. Naming bones is also for the sake of navigating the Weights system for each image layer.

This is why I was wondering if it might be a good idea to copy the bone template, despite it not shaped for a new project (character). And whether or not Esoteric Software has an idea at the moment regarding my workflow dilemma.
skarasuko

Вернуться в Editor