infrid

1. Performance of the system overall is MUCH better - thanks : it was really killing my system before.
2. It's still periodically jerky when I run a looped animation - clearly that's making tweaking animations impossible..

Do I need to change any java settings? I'm really keen to resolve it - my artist is switching from windows to mac - she'll be horrified by this jerkyness..

what can I do to help you guys identify the problem?

Spine version 1.3.8
mac os x 10.8.3
core 2 duo 2.8ghz
8gb ram,
stacks of free disk space
1gb of ram free (as in green, really genuinely free ram) while running spine.

thanks,
g.
infrid

Nate

Hard to say. There really aren't really any knobs you can turn to adjust performance once it is running correctly. It's smooth on all Macs I've tried. Periodic jerkiness could be GC, but that is typically not an issue on the desktop. Your GPU and CPU probably have the most impact. What GPU is it? Is it still jerky when run at the smallest window size? Are there any suspect processes in Activity Monitor? Are there CPU spikes that correlate to the jerkiness?
Nate

Nate

authbattledamage

I just wanted to say it seems to be working fine on my machine. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you.

mac os x 10.8.3
2.6 ghz intel core i7
8gb ram
nvidia geforce GT 650 1024
authbattledamage

Kickstarter Backer

infrid

authbattledamage : no, that does help a lot.It'd help more if other core 2 duo owners could chip in too... perhaps spine is not very performant on core 2 duo? (which clearly it should be ;) )
infrid

infrid

nate I'll do some more testing this weekend and get you more info.. gfx is: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
infrid

Вернуться в Editor