Nate

See the blog post for details:
Blog: Spine 3.6 - Tint black, clipping, weight painting, and more!

Here's a little video we put together to show off the new features:
Nate

Nate

chrismweb

Very nice!

Audio support will be interesting :o :D
chrismweb

Davi Clean

Awesome!!!I would like to know more about what "soft selection" is
Davi Clean

Erikari

I like how he totally walks like a boss and then you slightly zoom on him after 2:11 :D
Can't wait for the devs to say the new runtimes aren't causing issues in our game to start using it!
Erikari

Erikari

Nate

Soft selection is enabled through the new Mesh Tools view:

Then when you make a selection, vertices within range of your selected vertices show up a shade of cyan/blue:

When you move the selected vertices, the blue nearby vertices are also affected based on how far away they are. Eg, here I moved the vertex down:

This works for translation, rotation, and scale on vertices. Here's rotation:

This can be much easier than moving each vertex one at a time, as this GIF from the blog shows:

Here's a pro tip: you can ctrl + alt + click to remove a soft selected vertex from the soft selection. Note if you then select a new vertex, soft selection will be applied again.
Nate

Nate

Shiu

Erikari писал(а):I like how he totally walks like a boss and then you slightly zoom on him after 2:11 :D
Can't wait for the devs to say the new runtimes aren't causing issues in our game to start using it!
Thanks! :D

I've only been animating with preview active for the short time it's been there. It's a lot of fun tweaking animations with it running. You instantly see all the small nuances of the animation if it's playing while you're editing.
Shiu

Shiu

Nempatriarch

i'm curious about the lighting on the tint black section on the tank. How do you achieve that partial illumination on the side of the tank? is it just the glow from the explosion or is there a way yo light up a clipped section of the sprite?

Maybe it's something that has no connection to the actual update, i'm sorry if it's off topic.
I'm an artist. Check @nempatriarch on tumblr and instagram.
Nempatriarch

Nate

If you download the Spine installer and run it again, you'll get the latest example projects and you can see the tank firsthand. The selection in this screenshot is the clipping attachment, which is clipping a 3 vertex, additive blended mesh:

Clipping can get expensive, so it's best to clip as few vertices and attachments as possible. Be sure to test CPU usage for what you are doing at runtime before going too crazy with it. While the tank and the new coin example use clipping for lighting effects, that is not its only usage. Eg, the spineboy portal.
Nate

Nate

Shiu

Nempatriarch писал(а):i'm curious about the lighting on the tint black section on the tank. How do you achieve that partial illumination on the side of the tank? is it just the glow from the explosion or is there a way yo light up a clipped section of the sprite?

Maybe it's something that has no connection to the actual update, i'm sorry if it's off topic.
The glow on the side of the tank is done by using a Clipping to mask out
an attachment set to Additive blending.

Another example of this effect is used in the Coin example that comes with the latest launcher.
Shiu

Shiu

Nempatriarch

Thanks! yeah i see now. I guess it would be messy to do it in a humanoid character in plain motion.
I'm an artist. Check @nempatriarch on tumblr and instagram.
Nempatriarch

DanielWolf

I'm really looking forward to audio support! :yes:

Is there a way to be notified when the beta is out?
DanielWolf

msm

congrats, looks awesome.

Impressed as always at the features you are packing into Spine.

I'd just like to say that all the editor updates are awesome of course, but I appreciate the attention you also are giving to improving the runtimes and the repos. Your previous move to keeping the runtimes in pace with latest editor release features was huge, and now moving to versioned branches for the repo is another big improvement. So thanks for the awesome work.

Any thoughts on separating the individual runtimes into their own git repos? For one, reading the commit history would be a lot more useful, as it would not be interspersed with other platforms I'm not using. Would also make importing just what I need as a git submodule for example a lot easier.

Thanks again
msm

badlogic

I'm considering moving the runtimes to individual git repositories and making them submodules of the main repository. It's a bit complex to unwind the example projects, but it's on my "will look into this option asap". FWIW, every runtimes specific commit is prefixed with `[runtimename]` so you can filter the logs more easily.
badlogic

Mario

Nate

We discussed it a bit here:
Separate repos · #758
Submodules would be convenient for users to pull in the Spine Runtimes, but quite inconvenient for runtime development. Git submodules are a bit of a half-baked Git feature (look, a haiku. uhhh I hate mornings). I would much rather Git implements a better solution to the problem of pulling in part of a repo without causing the repo maintainers grief.
Nate

Nate

eldridge

Hi I am new to the forum and have been using Spine for just a few months.

I just updated my Software today and started working on a file i made from the previous version. it worked but after saving the file and closing the program, when I started it up again, I am getting this error message.

"Sorry, an error occurred while reading the project file.

project version: 3.6.34
spine version: 3.6.34"

help... i am running late on deadlines and this update has set me behind T_T
eldridge

Erikari

What was the previous version you were using? Spine saves backups every 15 minutes in the backup folder so if you're lucky you might find a very old version, try matching the editor with that version by downgrading it, and then go on working.
Erikari

Erikari

Nate

eldridge, can you please email us the .spine file you aren't able to open? contact@esotericsoftware.com
Nate

Nate

tuanhm107

Great update! If only the clipping mask has a feather option tho :D
tuanhm107

mayhemking

I definitely need a tutorial on painting weights...
mayhemking

Dmitriy Makeyev

Help solve the problem, after updating Unity when selecting any object of Spine2D, here comes this error https://pastebin.com/FThuMEFW

Unity 5.6.f21
Last installed spine-unity-3_6-2017-06-26 Compatible with Spine 3.6.x and Unity 5.6-2017.1

---
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:198)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7569)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7563)
Spine.Unity.Editor.SkeletonAnimatorInspector.DrawInspectorGUI (Boolean multi) (at Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SkeletonAnimatorInspector.cs:48)
Spine.Unity.Editor.SkeletonRendererInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SkeletonRendererInspector.cs:385)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1229)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
Dmitriy Makeyev

Pharan

@Dmitriy Makeyev That's the same issue here! Spine 3.36 Error??
Should be fixed on the current one.
Pharan

Pharan

cfoulston

Hi, getting these warnings and errors after importing into an empty 2017.2.0f3 project:

build: http://esotericsoftware.com/files/runtimes/unity/spine-unity-3_6-2017-10-16.unitypackage

Script 'Animation' has the same name as built-in Unity component.
AddComponent and GetComponent will not work with this script.

Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SpineEditorUtilities.cs(233,22): warning CS0618: UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SpineEditorUtilities.cs(233,22): warning CS0618: UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SpineEditorUtilities.cs(234,22): warning CS0618: UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Assets/Spine/spine-unity/Editor/SpineEditorUtilities.cs(234,22): warning CS0618: UnityEditor.EditorApplication.playmodeStateChanged' is obsolete: Use EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged and/or EditorApplication.pauseStateChanged'

Use of UNITY_MATRIX_MV is detected. To transform a vertex into view space, consider using UnityObjectToViewPos for better performance. - SpineVertexLighting.cginc

Shader error in 'Spine-SkeletonGraphic-TintBlack': undeclared identifier 'i' at line 113 (on d3d11)
cfoulston

Pharan

That should be fixed now. Latest unitypackage dated today.
The first warning is harmless. But Unity Tech said they won't remove it.
Pharan

Pharan

cfoulston

cfoulston

Вернуться в Spine