badlogic

We are finalizing editor support for two color tinting, local/relative transform constraints and clipping (which might or might not make it into 3.6). You can find an up-to-date changelog for the editor at Spine: Changelog. The changelog for the runtime can be found here spine-runtimes/CHANGELOG.md at master
badlogic

Mario

framusrock

@badlogic, As it seems like clipping is not making it into 3.6, I'm about to implement it myself (and also culling, but that's a different story ;) ) into Cocos2d-x. I plan to do it on the vertices / software clipping. You said that Sutherland-Hodgeman might not work for the Spine use-case. Could you elaborate on that? Do you have any other algorithm in mind that might work better?
I'm also about to research more before I do it, it sounded like you might have something in mind already.
framusrock

badlogic

Cool! Sutherland-Hodgeman has limitations on the clipping polygon, e.g. no self-intersection etc. The way clipping is currently setup in the experimental editor branch is that we allow arbitrary, self-intersecting polygons. I haven't found an algorithm that could help us with this yet, we'll likely have to hack up our own interior/exterior detection for that.
badlogic

Mario

framusrock

Ahh okay. Well, we only need rectangle clipping for our use case, so it should work for that. But maybe there's an even more optimized algorithm for rectangles.
framusrock

hcltss

Nate писал(а):
Nice Animated clipping
hcltss

LegioXV

Is it possible to put hands on this masking if I opt-in for beta? Is this supported with runtimes for Starling (AS3) and Game Maker (GWL)?
LegioXV

framusrock

Seems like we've got some nice polygon clipping now ;)

We're using the Sutherland-Hodgeman algorithm now since it's quite fast (although not the fastest) and we don't need arbitrary polygons.

It would be indeed nice to use Stencil, and it's also possible to batch draw with Stencil....just Cocos2d-x doesn't support it nicely. I did quite some research before resorting to software clipping.
You'd have to create your own StencilManager that keeps an eye on all Stencil rendered skeletons and then batches at first the Stencil draw calls to the Stencil buffer and afterwards the normal draw calls. I think that this would be the best solution for Spine, but it might take some time to implement.
Since we don't need that clipped skeletons, we did sacrifice a bit of performance here for an easier implementation. But sacrificing batch rendering is just not an option ever, it's creating a mess in the whole drawing hierarchy and it just costs a lot of performance.

framusrock

badlogic

LegioXV, not it's not supported in Starling and GM runtimes yet (the latter is maintained by YoYoGames who'd need to add this functionality.

famusrock, that's awesome! Batching is much easier to retain with software clipping than with stencil. The latter, as you identified, introduces a lot of complications, and making it work with arbitrary rendering graphs without breaking batching is extremely hard. I'll try to figure out the best clipping algorithm for our use case. Since we only clip triangles against arbitrary polygons, there may be some tricks we can apply.

I should also note that no matter how we implement clipping, it will always incur runtime overhead. Nobody should apply it to all their skeletons in their scene, we will not be able to make it work fast enough in that case.
badlogic

Mario

LegioXV

Badlogic, are there any timeline for updating Starling-spine runtimes to support this?
I'm asking, because missing mask feature makes my life really hard for doing some animations (even right now). So it's not just curiosity.
LegioXV

framusrock

badlogic, There was a thread in the cocos2d-x forums about stencil clipping being a problem and not being able to do easy batch rendering. I mentioned there that you guys are also struggling with it and improvements might be needed. Maybe nite from the cocos2d-x forums (or another cocos2d-x dev can help you guys with the stencil batching, or even fix it in cocos2d-x, so you'll have an easier live implementing it:

http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/reduce-clippingrectanglenode-draw-calls/35143/7
framusrock

badlogic

@LegioXV it will take some time, as starling doesn't support clipping in hardware at all. We'll need a software solution for this, which is a bit tougher to implement.

@framusrock I'll follow up with the cocos2dx guys. The path of least resistance for all runtimes is definitely software clipping, and I favor that at the moment.
badlogic

Mario

Davi Clean

Any news on when the update will be live?
Davi Clean

Nate

We expect to have some runtimes supporting clipping (eg starting with libgdx) in a couple weeks, but can't make promises.
Nate

Nate

Davi Clean

Any updates on when the new version will be live?
Davi Clean

badlogic

We are still working on it. Check out the waffle for progress and things that have been done. You can filter by the 3.6 milestone to see open issues for that release.
badlogic

Mario

Nate

3.6.14-beta is now available and it has clipping!
Blog: 3.6 beta has clipping
Nate

Nate

MattHogan

Its great to have this.
Mobile application development company India | Mobile application development company
MattHogan

Nate

Spine 3.6.15-beta is up! It adds weight painting, video with alpha export, new dialogs, and more. Also check out a preview of Shiu's new example animation:

Nate

Nate

AL32ander

After updating to beta I find out some veird issue.
All slots in Animate tinted blue with transparent alpha
http://i.imgur.com/ZGXWqZB.jpg

In my situation all slots in Setup should be with "alpha 0". That's requirement from our developers.
In Animate in 0 frame for all needed slots manualy sets up "alpha 255".
So that's maybe the reason but it's strange anyway.
AL32ander

Nate

Strange, we haven't seen that. Can you please send a version of your .spine file that has not been saved with the beta? contact@esotericsoftware.com

---

We received your project, thanks! We've fixed the problem in 3.6.16-beta. Sorry for the trouble!
Nate

Nate

Shiv

this is the problem .... i gave 1% weight to a particular set of mesh points and when i move the bone the mesh goes crazy and weird ....
similar thing happened with another mesh but it was totally opposite ..... even if i gave 100% weight the mesh points didn't move single pixel .....
Shiv

Nate

Shiv, better to start a new thread about your problem so it doesn't get lost here. Can you post a .spine file showing the problem?
Nate

Nate

foriero

3.6 Release Date? Soon or still months of development?
foriero

badlogic

Real soon now.
badlogic

Mario

Pharan

Spine-Unity for Spine 3.6 beta 1 unitypackage is now up.
See the download page for more info! Spine Unity Download

This also includes the recent AnimationState changes mentioned in the blog. Blog: AnimationState: multiple mixing without dipping
Pharan

Pharan

Вернуться в Editor