chrismweb

Would it be possible to change what it considers selected based on the draw order, instead of the slot order (alphabetically)?

For instance, having a shirt on top of a chest piece, it always selects the chest piece instead of the part that you can see/ working with.

Also, in future updates, it would be cool if just like you can turn on/ off slots, if you could lock them, so you don't end up selecting/ moving old graphics you don't need to interact with, but need for reference positioning other stuff.

Also, some other programs have it so if you select twice in the same area, and you're hitting several objects, it will go through each of them, in case the first click grabbed the wrong object. That would be nice, but not really a needed feature.
chrismweb

chrismweb

Or is there any way to configure it to only select the top visible layer?
Right now I have a chest piece, and I have to put chest clothing on top. But of course whenever the image of the clothes is over the chest, the chest becomes the only item you can select, even with the chest piece completely invisible behind it.

So the work flow right now is to put items off to the side, and try to be able to place them perfectly in one click- ctrl+z over and over again until you actually get it close to perfect.(or hide the stuff below it, move it, unhide the stuff, see that it's not completely covering, hide the stuff again, move it, repeat).
chrismweb

Shiu

We have locking of objects on the list of things we want to add. Keep in mind you can also select the images in the tree. And also when you move things you don't need to drag them by the translate handles so just move the image around with the mouse outside of the bounding box of the images.
Nudge is also something we want to add.

Hope it helps
Shiu

Shiu

chrismweb

That helps a lot- I had forgotten you don't need to be hovering over the object, and can just drag anywhere on screen to move the currently selected object.

I always thought that was a bit of a nuisance (accidentally moving things), but that does completely fix the problem :D

But if there's no reason not to, a somewhat fast thing to do would be to just go through the array backwards, (if it is going through forward and selecting the first object added to the array, it would then instead find the last thing added).

Thanks for your help Shiu!
chrismweb

Nate

chrismweb писал(а):Or is there any way to configure it to only select the top visible layer?
Right now I have a chest piece, and I have to put chest clothing on top. But of course whenever the image of the clothes is over the chest, the chest becomes the only item you can select, even with the chest piece completely invisible behind it.
Selection works by which image's center is closest to the mouse. You should be able to select things in front or behind just by moving the mouse to a different location. The tree is sometimes easier though.
Nate

Nate

Вернуться в Editor